Three Fires Homecoming Pow Wow
August 22 & 23, 2015, Blue Dawn Jewellery will be set up at the New Credit Pow Wow! Grand Enetry is at 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm on Saturday, and at 1:00 pm on Sunday. Closing Ceremonies start at 4:00 pm. For this show, I will have alongside my own designs, jewellery hand crafted by Navajo, Hopi and Zuni artisans from Arizona and New Mexico. I will also have Native-themed books written by both Indigenous and non-Indigenous writers. This is a wonderful gathering hosted by the original occupants of Toronto and very inclusive. Bring your own lawn chairs! Make sure you look for me. I’ll be there for the duration and I’m looking forward to enjoying every minute of it. Below are directions from Toronto. For more information, go to: www.newcreditpowwow.com.
- Take Gardiner Expressway W. to 403 Hamilton/Brantford
- Continue on 403
- At exit 61, take ramp right for HWY-6 South toward Airport
- Follow Greens Road/ highway 6 south; make a left on to Caledonia bypass route.
- Continue on highway 6, towards Hagersville.
- *See large orange Pow wow sign
- Turn left at the first left onto 1st line/ Mississauga Rd.